Sunday, February 13, 2011

Recycled Love

 
A page from For Sadie Jane by Gayle Pritchard featuring a
Womankind badge and a heart created from recycled kimono silk.

According to wikipedia, St. Valentine was executed on February 14, ca. the year 270. It would appear this event was an auspicious beginning for celebrations of love, and quite far removed from the pagan holiday we are familiar with today.

In my life, love is a core value, and something we try hard to express and honor. It is an intangible to be experienced, absorbed, shared and recycled.


Two page spread from For Sadie Jane by Gayle Pritchard
I suspect that love, or rather the ability to experience love, and the creative process are deeply entwined. A person who is able to love deeply is a person who is open to staying connected to their inner spark and creativity. If you happen to be one of these people, I encourage you to dig deeply, locate your source and spread it all around you. Maybe tomorrow will be a day when we get to feel the recycled love in the air.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! So intricate. I agree. I can't create when I am sad because a loved one may be in pain. They are so interconnected. Have a beautiful Sunday, Gayle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ces. Glad to hear your response to this to this piece. There are about twenty of these stitched collage pages assembled in a book form.
    For me, I often create when I'm sad, because I need a place to put the sorrow.

    ReplyDelete