Monday, July 20, 2009

Hearing Voices

Last year, I was part of a small group show with my local artist group, affectionately known as "the tArts." The show was held at the lovely and spacious Stocker Gallery at Lorain County Community College.

The tArts in the 2008 configuration: Christy Gray, Tina Rossi, Gayle Pritchard, Christine Mauersberger, Lois Carroll, Susanne Gregg, Jill Milenski, Susan Shie, at the opening of Flavors of Fiber in 2008.

One of the pieces I made for the show, I Hear Voices, was inspired by a song my husband wrote, Simon Says. It's a fairly large piece, given the work I have created in the past years, and attempts to tell the story in fabric. The installation image of the piece doesn't quite do it justice, because of my limited photography skills.
I Hear Voices in My Head by Gayle Pritchard, 2008.

All of this is to give a little background to the video I have posted to my blog. My husband, Chris, who has been a musician all of his life, also happens to be the most creative human being I know. Today, he made a video integrating the song, his photography and my art piece. I hope you will enjoy it.









7 comments:

  1. Beautiful music, beautiful art, lovely document.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Beautiful evocative music and Gayle, I think, the most beautiful quilt you have ever made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, and glad you enjoyed it. My hubby is so creative, and I thought it was a rich combination of images and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am crying tears ...appreciation of course...you two are a couple of magicians with the human heart! Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen and Ken

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thrilled that you were touched. Thanks for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Quatty. Oh, what a wonderful testiment to love. I really, really will carry the good energy of that video all day today. Thanks to you and Chris!

    Love, Pomme

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pomme, and thanks. I will tell Chris, too. That fact that you were touched, touches us, too! Safe travels : )

    ReplyDelete